1. The Visual Ranking tool
Visual Ranking is an online tool for prioritizing and ordering
items in a list. Using Visual Ranking, learners identify and refine
criteria as they assign order or ranking to a list. They must
explain their reasoning and can compare their work with each
other in a visual diagram. This tool supports activities where
learners need to debate differences, reach consensus, and
- Open: www.intel.com/education/visualranking
- Review the home page. Note the sections of Visual Ranking.
Each thinking tool is set up with the same categories:
- Overview and Benefits — Features of the tool
- Try the Tool — A practice project that you can
manipulate as well as a full tutorial
- Project Examples — Project ideas and unit plans
- Instructional Strategies — Best practices for using the tool with learners
- Workspace — Password-protected space to set up projects for your learners
- Click Project Examples, and then Project Ideas.
- With a partner, view and discuss the use of Visual Ranking within the project idea, Impact of Inventions.
- Click the Back button and then click Try the Tool.
- Read the description of the demo and then click Demo.
- Rank the list of inventions and mouse over the triangles to view comments.
- Compare your list with another team’s and view team comments by mousing over the