3. The Showing Evidence Tool
The Showing Evidence Tool is an online tool for constructing
an argument or hypothesis
and supporting it with
evidence. Learners learn how
to prove their case, weigh the
quality and strength of their
evidence with the use of a
- Open: www.intel.com/education/showingevidence
- Review the overview page.
- Click Try the Tool.
- Read the description of the demos and then click Elementary Demo to view a sample
case using the simplified version of the tool.
- Review the claim and existing evidence.
- Experiment with the case by creating new evidence and attaching evidence to the
- Click the Back button to return to the main Try the Tool page.
- Click Secondary Demo to view another sample case using the full version of the tool.
- Experiment with the case by rating the quality and support of the evidence, creating
new evidence, and attaching evidence to the claim.
- Click the Back button.
- Click Project Examples, and then Unit Plans.
- View and discuss the completed simplified Showing Evidence project within the Unit
Plan, Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Click the Back button and then click the unit, Mysterious Malady, to view and discuss
a completed project with the full version of the tool.