Thinking about Portfolios
- How have you organized your portfolio and why is it in this order?
- Why have you chosen these particular pieces to demonstrate your learning?
- Which piece in your portfolio are you most proud of? Why?
- What piece would you like to remove from this collection? Why?
- What makes this your best piece?
- How did you go about creating it?
- What problems did you encounter? How did you solve them?
- Of all the items included, which one was the hardest for you?
- What makes your strongest piece different from your weakest piece?
- What goals did you set for yourself? How well did you accomplish them?
- Why did you select this piece of work?
- What was particularly important to you during the process of creating this work?
- How does this relate to what you have learned before?
- Which piece would you most like to improve? Why?
- What is the one thing you would like someone to notice about your portfolio? Why?
- Do you feel that this collection of work really reflects your abilities and what you have achieved this year? Why or why not?
- How is your work at the end of the class different from your work at the beginning?
- Has the way you plan work changed over time? If so, how?
- How did you learn to do …….?
- Has your persistence changed since the beginning of the class? How?
- What have you been working on this year to improve? Has it improved? Why or why not?
- What is getting easier for you?
- What do you still not understand?
- What do you feel most confident about?
- What was the most significant thing you learned?
< Return to Demonstrating Understanding