Addition to "Entry-Level Standards for Michigan Teachers"
Working Draft of a New Standard in the Area of Technology
7. An ability to use information technology to enhance learning and to enhance personal
and professional productivity.
- c. demonstrate knowledge of uses of multi-media, hyper-media, telecommunications, and
distance learning to support teaching/learning.
- d. demonstrate knowledge about instructional management resources that assist in such
activities as writing and updating curriculum; creating lesson plans and tests; and
promoting, reinforcing, and organizing data regarding student performance.
- e. use information technologies to support problem solving, data collection, information
management, communications, presentations, and decision making including word processing,
database management, spreadsheets, and graphic utilities.
- f. demonstrate knowledge of equity, ethical, legal, social, physical, and psychological
issues concerning use of information technology.
- g. use information technology to enhance continuing professional development as an