WebQuests (ICT Integration)
What Does the Future Hold?
What do you feel about the future of South Africa? Do you think everyone feels the same way about this? Do you think that young people feel more positive than older people? Do office workers feel more positive than manual labourers?
What makes people feel positive about the future?
You are a member of a research team that has been contracted to find out how communities feel about South Africa’s future. Your research findings will be posted on a prominent South African information website.
The question that you should answer on this series of related web pages is: Do all South Africans feel positive about the future of this country?
ProcessYour team will need to develop questionnaires and then interview members of the community using these questionnaires. It is your responsibility to interview a broad range of people in your community including children, elders, community officials, health workers, teachers and so on. The information that you collect will need to be analysed. Your conclusions will be written up as a report on the website, supported by charts.
Your team must accomplish the following tasks to complete this assignment:
- Develop a list of questions for use on a questionnaire and in interviews.
- Interview a range of community members in order to get as many responses as possible.
- Analyse your data to establish what your findings represent.
- Use Excel to compare and correlate your findings with those of others in your team.
- Write up a report in which you share your findings.
- pose the question
- describe your research strategy
- report on your teams findings with tables and charts
- conclude by answering the question
This Web site has a free tutorial on how to develop questions and design questionnaires. Look closely at Questionnaire design, Order of questions, Qualities of a good question and Question wording.
ConclusionBy completing this activity you and your team should have gained a good insight into the opinions of different sectors of society about the future of South Africa. Did the findings surprise you?
» Download the Presentation Assessment