Coaching in Practice - Overview
What is the focus of Session 5? What successes and challenges have you faced in coaching?
In previous sessions, you:
- Collaborated to improve a lesson so that it includes strong connections to standards, involves an authentic and engaging problem-based task, and uses ICT to improve teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated effective coaching skills to promote professional collaboration for improvement of instruction.
During Session 5, participants will:
- Present and defend your lesson
- Exlore wows and wonders
- Identify and attempt to resolve coaching roadblocks
Part D: Connecting
- Review the Coaching Cycle. How do your coaching activities at school and the Session 4 Activities relate to the Coaching Cycle?
- In groups of 4-5, discuss coaching successes and challenges:
- Participants each share a success or challenge.
- Groups summarize their conversations.
Related Scenarios» Overview
» Present Your Improved Lesson
» Wows and Wonders
» Coaching Roadblocks