Coaching in Practice - Closing
When you return to school, what will be your next coaching steps?
Part A: Session Summary and Parking Lot
- Review the summary of Session 5 below. You will use this to reflect on your learning.
- Reviewed coaching communication skills.
- Used communication skills to reflect on coaching experiences to date.
- Used the Wows and Wonders protocol to reflect on coaching work.
- Analysed a Coaching Roadblock.
- Review the Parking Lot questions.
Part B: Reflection
As you reflect on your learning, think how you can incorporate this information into your Coaching Plan.
- Use the Reflecting On My Learning handout to guide your reflection. Write your reflections in your eportfolio.
Examples of goals:
- Finalising content with your collaborating teacher (may include your improved lesson)
- Setting up a time to talk to your principal about sharing your coaching programme with the staff
- Finding resources for a department or specific teacher other than your collaborating teacher
- Composing an email message to your staff offering your coaching services or a great resource you found online
- Creating a personalised Collaboration Log
Part C: Preparing for the e-Learning Phase 3
- Review the date of Session 7. Between now and that date "Session 6 " will be participating in e-Learning Phase 3.
- Review the e-Learning Assignment, which you will complete prior to attending Session 5.
- Note the purpose of these ongoing self study and collaboration assignments. You:
- Build on the topics covered in the session you just attended.
- Extend your learning between sessions.
- Encourage collaboration using the Peer Coaching community on Canvas.
Part D: Evaluation
Complete the Session 5 Evaluation
Related Scenarios» Overview
» Present Your Improved Lesson
» Wows and Wonders
» Coaching Roadblocks