Coaching Skills (Self Study): Closing
How did the process of evaluating and revising a lesson improve it? How can you take what you learned today and use it to improve other lessons?
Part A: Session Summary, Norms, and Parking Lot
Review the summary of Session 4 below. You will use this to reflect on your learning.
During Session 4 you:
- Used communications and collaboration skills while improving a learning activity.
- Identified a lesson that could be enriched by using technology tools to enhance it.
- Worked with several different tools and templates, including the Learning Activity Checklist, the Lesson Improvement Rubric, and the Norms of Collaboration Inventory.
- Improved a lesson that you have used by enhancing it with technology tools that made the lesson more engaging, meaningful, and rich.
Review the Norms and any Parking Lot questions.
Part B: Reflection
- Use the Reflecting On My Learning handout to think about what you learned in Session 4 and how you might apply these skills in the future.
- Try to record something in each category on the handout.
- Upload your handout to your MyNotebook Private Documents, naming it with today's session number.
Part D: Preparing for Session 5
Review the Session 4 Ongoing Collaboration Assignment handout.
Part E: Evaluation
- Log in to the Canvas Peer Coach community.
- Go to the Quiz section (select it from the left-hand column of the page).
- Click on e-Learning Session 2 Survey.
- Complete all questions.
Related Scenarios» Overview
» Baseline Competency Checklist
» Prepare for Lesson Improvement
» Lesson Improvement Process