Coaching Skills - Closing
What did you learn today? How can you apply it to your work?
Part A: Session Summary, Norms and Parking Lot
Review the summary of Session 3 below. You will use this to reflect on your learning.
During Session 3 you:
- Considered what coaches need to know and be able to do to support teachers’ needs.
- Evaluated the effectiveness of several learning activities using criteria you generated.
- Practiced using communication skills while discussing how to improve lessons.
Review the Norms and any Parking Lot questions.
Part B: Reflection
- Use the Reflecting On My Learning handout to guide your reflection. Write your reflections in your eportfolio.
Part C: Preparing for the e-Learning Phase 2
- Review the date of Session 5. Between now and that date "Session 4 " will be participating in e-Learning Phase 2.
- Review the e-Learning Assignment, which you will complete prior to attending Session 5.
- Note the purpose of these ongoing self-study and collaboration assignments. You:
- Build on the topics covered in the session you just attended.
- Extend your learning between sessions.
- Encourage collaboration using the Peer Coaching community on Canvas.
Part D: Evaluation
Complete the Session 3 Evaluation
Related Scenarios» Overview
» Preparing Coaches
» Explore Communications Skills
» Assess Lesson Design