Getting Started (Self Study): Review Promising Practices
Work with your peer coach buddy.
What are the essential elements of a learning activity?
In this lesson you will answer that question by reviewing current research and looking at classroom examples of promising practices in the Scavenger Hunt for Reviewing Digital-Age Classroom Strategies that Work!.
- Teachers carefully plan their curricula to help learners meet assessment standards but often struggle with how to integrate 21st Century skills.
- As a coach, you must also be prepared to answer the question, "How can ICT increase learner engagement and academic rigour?"
Part A: Classroom Example
- Open the Scavenger Hunt Worksheet.
- Review the question and indicators located in Section A: Classroom Example.
- Use the worksheet to record your observations as you watch a video clip from High Point Elementary, a school with a high percentage of learners considered "at risk."
Museum Video Clip (15Mb)
Part B: Review Research
Use the research links below to help you answer the questions in Part B of the Promising Practices Scavenger Hunt handout.
- Read the sections titled “What the Research Says” and “Lessons Learned” on p. 1–3 of Investing in Technology: The Learning Return.
Related Scenarios» Overview
» Define Your Programme
» Conduct a Planning Meeting
» Create a Portfolio`
» Find a Hook
» Explore Web-based Collaboration
» Review Promising Practices
» Assess Lesson Design
» Review Lesson Improvement Resources