Getting Started (Self Study): Find a Hook
How can I hook my collaborating teachers to use ICT?
Teachers need a reason to invest the time and energy to learn about integrating ICT into their curriculum.
In this activity you will:
- Review educational websites providing teacher resources.
- Evaluate the resources.
- Add resources to your portfolio that are likely to hook or engage your specific teacher(s).
As you view Web resources, consider the following questions:
- How would the teachers at my school use these materials?
- Would the teachers be able to easily navigate through the pages or would they get lost?
- Does it seem like the site is updated routinely, the links are working, and the content is valid?
Part A: Add Resources to Your Portfolio
- Think about the needs of the teachers in your school and what could help them with their teaching.
- Search for online resources that are relevant to your peer coaching needs.
- Explore the resources.
- Edit your portfolio, adding resources you or one of your collaborating teachers may find useful.
Part B: Share a Resource with the Community
- To share your hook, log in to the Canvas Peer Coach community and go to the Assignment called "Share your Hook" in the e-Learning 1 module.
Related Scenarios» Overview
» Define Your Programme
» Conduct a Planning Meeting
» Create a Portfolio
» Find a Hook
» Explore Web-based Collaboration
» Review Promising Practices
» Assess Lesson Design
» Review Lesson Improvement Resources